A truly reliable standby battery needs to consider a divergent mix of variables like load, its duration and DC bus voltage window, expected frequency and depth of discharge, ambient temperature, criticality of operations and charging facility. Exide TBS tubular batteries are a great choice since these are tailored to meet all this need. These are rugged batteries with Exide Torr Tubular technology. The facility of measuring specific gravity of the electrolyte, voltage and temperature of cells allows anomalies to be detected well in advance. This makes preventive maintenance very easy and readiness during emergency discharge is always ensured.
Exide TBS batteries offer a service life of around 15 years in diverse standby float applications. The batteries have been designed to be user-friendly, require very low maintenance and can withstand high ambient temperatures. These batteries conform to IS 1651 : 2013
- Power Plants
- Oil and Gas Pipelines
- UPS Systems
- Railway Signalling
- PP & Transparent SAN container
- Tubular positive plates
- Pasted negative plates
- High tensile, acid-resistant polyester gauntlets
- High porosity envelope separators
- Electrolyte level indicator
- Micro porous ceramic vent plug
- Superior high discharge performance conforming to IS:1651
- Low maintenance
- Positive tubular plates cast at a high pressure of 100 Bar in imported HADI machines, making them corrosion resistant.
- Spines made of Lead Antimony Alloy ensure low water loss and therefore low topping up.
- In-House non-woven Gauntlet made from special imported cloth to hold Positive active material and ensure consistent output.
- Imported micro porous separators for high temperature stability and to prevent penetration shorts.
- Plastic encapsulated moulded bolt-on terminals for better electrical performance and prevention of crevice corrosion.
- Innovative ceramic vent plugs trap fumes and prevent acid spoilage to reduce top-up frequency.
- Cells housed in transparent SAN containers for clear visual monitoring.
- Very low maintenance-transparent container to allow easy detection of faults.
- Completely insulated inter-cell connectors.
- Withstands high ambient temperatures
- Service life of around 15 years in diverse standby float applications
- Low footprint
- Special Connector/Fastener insulates connectors from acid attack, protects operators from electric shocks
- Exide TBS requires only once-in-a-year topping up
- Suitable for both frequent charge/discharge cyclic duties as well as for standby applications
- Satisfactory operations up to 45 Deg C electrolyte temperature
- Rapid charging